TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Living and filing taxes jointly with my American wife here

Good Evening....I am British and living and filing taxes jointly with my American wife here in the USA...I also have been paying my own taxes in the UK as I had properties and have sold everything now so have nothing in the Uk. MY question is What forms do I have to fill out or who to contact Tax wise so that I can only file here in the USA and pay my tax here as it is complicated to me to RUN in both systems.....and confusing as the US Accountant does not fully understand. Help......please send money.....only joking about the last part!! Thanking You Paul Coyne
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: no idea....I ask the questions!!
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been paying both for the past 4 years in both countries but jointly in the USA.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

If you do not have the property any more and will not receive income form anything in the UK you are not required to file. There is no form to file to tell HMRC that.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am 74 years of age and wish to take out all my SIPP and ISA accounts and pay as little tax on it...which I am guessing would be in the USA....
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok....Paul

You will pay tax in the US on the amounts yes.