HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
74131858

But I live outside the uk, I have residence in Guatemala

Hello, I am British but I live outside the uk, I have residence in Guatemala where my husband is from. I only return to the UK for about 2 weeks every year. I plan to work on a freelance basis for a British Co and will be paid into a British bank account, will I have to pay income tax in the UK on that?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: this year
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s it

I am an advisor at Just Answer and i am happy to assist you. I am looking into your query and come back to you shorlty.

HM Accountax

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When do you think that will be? Thanks

Thanks for your patience.

It states "Non-residents are liable to income tax only on income that arises in the UK, unless it is specifically exempted etc. They are not liable to UK tax on income arising outside the UK."

If you are performing the duties outside UK then you won't be liable to UK income tax.

I hope this answer the query.

HM Accountax

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will be working remotely from outside the UK. Do not liable to pay UK tax even though it is paid into a UK bank acc? Do I need to declare anything?

No, you are not liable to UK taxation and don't need to declare anything to HMRC.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** last question. Could my UK bank acc flag any regular payments to HMRC or does it not work like that? I am just worried about having to answer to HMRC At some point, even though I can prove I am not living/working in the UK.

No, the bank account won't flag - But if HMRC picks you up, you can prove that you are non resident and it won't be any issue

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks so much!!

My pleasure