Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am looking for the correct tax form to fill out in order

Hi, I am looking for the correct tax form to fill out in order for me to get paid commissions from an american software company through being an affiliate, the options are W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, W9 or a W-8IMY? Thanks

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Are you an individual or limited company ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
An individual, but I am thinking of starting an LTD, is there different forms for each?
As of now though just as an individual,
Thanks,Fraser

Yes different forms but for now you should complete W-8BEN-E

W-8BEN for individual taxpayers so for things like rental income or unearned income such as savings

W9 application for a TIN but as you remain not US resident this is not needed and you leave this blank on the W-8IMY which is the form you complete as an individual but still a business entity. The US consulate used to help complete these forms but sadly they no longer have a tax department one day a week (closed 2015)

But there are USA tax agents on this site under the USA part of Just Answer (we are UK tax)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Excellent thanks for your help Sam

You are welcome

I see you have posted this question again do you wish me to close that other question?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was looking for additional information in that other question regarding what my foreign tax identification number is, or my US taxpayer identification number was if I had either?

You dont have one as advised above you leave that blank