How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 136
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

I became self employed in March, but I work for a company

This answer was rated:

Hi, I became self employed in March, but I work for a company called Thomas Sandesron Ltd in a self employed role as a fitter. I was wondering does this class me as a sole trader when setting up my tax?
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: i imagine it would be independent contractor but im not sure
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: im currently in the middle of filling out my self assessment registration and just wanted to make sure i was doing so correctly


I am an advisor at Just answer and i am looking into your query and come back to you shorlty.


HM Accountax


Yes, you'll be classified as sole trader.

I hope this answers the query.



HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok great. So all I need to do is complete the registration as a sole trader and they will send me a UTR after?