How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 154
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

I am student of ATT and got a client.bthey are selling

This answer was rated:

I am student of ATT and got a client.bthey are selling property in India and want to bring money in the UK. what would be the tax implications please and they are UK resident.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's almost all


I am an advisor at Just Answer and i am happy to assist you.

Could you please confirm they are UK domiciled or Indian domiciled?


HM Accountax

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
UK Domicile. Working in a bank. They have some Investment in shares in India too. But they want to sell their family family Home in India inherited by parents in India who have passed away. And they don't want to keep this home in India and want to sell and transfer money to the UK.

They have to pay the CGT on the gain on disposal of asset.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I mean at what rate on oversease property please? I.e 18 and 28% according to their tax band in the UK or different rate? Also are they eligible for double tax relief? And how it works?

The gain will be taxed based on their tax band in UK.

They may also have to pay tax in the India as they made the gain. If they are taxed twice, then they may be able to claim relief for Double taxation.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much. If I need further assistance, I will contact you.

My pleasure, Please rate the answer so that we can close the query.


HM Accountax

HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You are very welcome

Thanks for rating