taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am trying to decide if I need to charge my client VAT. I

I am trying to decide if I need to charge my client VAT. I am a business consultant in the UK with my own LTD company in the UK, contracting for an Israeli startup who does business in multiple countries like the US, Japan etc but does not have an office or any employees in the UK. I am giving them advice on how to grow their company. Do I need to charge VAT?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

As your customer is based outside the UK, you would charge VAT at zero rate because it is export of services to customer outside the UK and EU.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I had a tax question and received a personalised answer in less than 3 minutes. Amazing!

Thank you for your kind words.

Best wishes.