HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
74131858

Just so I know, is this a robot or an actual person? :) no,

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Just so I know, is this a robot or an actual person? :)
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Accountant more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got a Share Incentive Plans (SIPs) from my company 2 years ago that will vest in two weeks. They're worth about 18k GBP at current price. I think if I sell them, the money will be paid via PAYE and taxes will be around 40% (highest bracket). Is there any better finantial decision I can make? I don't need the money now, but would prefer to sell at least half of the shares. Looking to pay the least amount of taxes

I am an advisor at Just Answer and i am more than happy to assist you.

You can delay the disposal or alternatively, invest the money in pension and it will save you tax at 20%.

I hope this answers the query.

HM Accountax

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks! That was quick :)
I don't need the money now, but at the same time I would prefer to sell at least half of them to invest for example in an ETF to diversify. Not interested in putting towards pension.
The link below shows the following:
https://www.gov.uk/tax-employee-share-schemes/share-incentive-plans-sips
"If you get shares through a Share Incentive Plan (SIP) and keep them in the plan for 5 years you won’t pay Income Tax or National Insurance on their value."If that's the case, I would probably consider waiting 3 more years if that means no income tax nor national insurance.

Exactly, please delay it and you'll save tax.

HM Accountax