HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
74131858

Thank you very much for the help. I have filed a request to

Hello, and thank you very much for the help. I have filed a request to register as self employed in Romania. I wanted to ask if I would I be able to work from the UK territory for more than half a year and pay my takes only to the UK state with my current status.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I think this would be a question for a lawyer, if I understood your question correctly
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: The company I will be doing the services for?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will have a contract with a company in Romania, to give services as a Programmer, while being self employed, but I would like to be working from UK territory permanently.

I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

Yes, you can register for self employed in UK and do work for UK companies. If you are UK resident then you'll neeed to declare your worldiwde income in UK and pay taxes on it. However, you can claim the double taxation relief.

I hope this answers the query.

If you have any further queries then please feel free to contact me.

HMAT

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would be working for a company in Romania, not in the UK. I will also be registered as self employed in Romania. I will only be living in the UK. My questions would be
- Do I have to register as self employed in the UK in addition to Romania? Or should I close the one I have in Romania and only apply in the UK?
- If I have to register only in the UK, can my company still pay me?
- What taxes will my company have to pay in order to pay me my salary when I am registred as self employed in the UK?
- Applying for double taxation relief will be done to the Romanian authorities?
- Am I still considered a resident if I apply for the pre-settled status after 31 December 2020? I have not lived in the UK before
Looking forward to your reply and thank you for the help.

- Do I have to register as self employed in the UK in addition to Romania? Or should I close the one I have in Romania and only apply in the UK? If you are UK resident then you need to register in UK and pay taxes in UK.
- If I have to register only in the UK, can my company still pay me? Yes, they can.
- What taxes will my company have to pay in order to pay me my salary when I am registered as self employed in the UK? I don't know much about it, i'll suggest that you check with an accountant in Romania.
- Applying for double taxation relief will be done to the Romanian authorities? If the tax is deducted in Romania, when you'll declare the income in UK, you can claim for that tax paid in Romania, it will reduce your liability in UK.
- Am I still considered a resident if I apply for the pre-settled status after 31 December 2020? I have not lived in the UK before - No, you need to be in UK for at least 183 days in a tax year to be classed as UK resident