How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9406
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

We have a private ltd. company with sole director being US

Customer Question

Hello - We have a private ltd. company with sole director being US citizen lived and started co. in UK over 30 years ago.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: We have used IRS tax professionals for exercise and paid relevant tax to catch up for last 5 years. My question is: does the Director pay this bill or does the company
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 5 years to catch up on personal part and 18-19 corporation
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: The expat prof. said it is an arguable element who pays but to go with our accountant's opinion. However our accountant did not want to get involved in the beginning of the Trump exercise so appointed one from the States to do the work so am not confident our accountants are fully up to speed on this. They never informed us there was any tax implications for over 30 years with having an American director......
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The director of an UK company need not be a British Citizen need not they reside in the UK. The Director pays his US tax bill.

Sorry, I do notdo telephone calls, they are no longer cost effective.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He has paid his own tax US bill. What I asked was does he pay the company US tax bill or does the company
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 days ago.

The company.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I was not impressed initially with your response as I stated. Your site said you did not do phone calling yet to go to the next stage it was £44.00 to proceed. I know the co. pays in the UK but I have since been in touch with the IRS tax accountant we had to use in the States and apparently, unfortunately, the individual has to pay the company tax as well.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 day ago.

What a load of tosh, find yourself a more competent accountant