How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RodneyA814 Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 65
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RodneyA814 is online now

I am a registered type 2 diabe, i am a registered type 2

This answer was rated:

i am a registered type 2 diabe
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: i am a registered type 2 diabetic,and a survivor of 2 strokes, am i entitled to vat relief for an adjustable bed
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello there,

If you’re disabled or have a long-term illness, you will not be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your own personal or domestic use. Also, you will not be charged VAT on:

  • the installation and any extra work needed as part of this
  • repairs or maintenance
  • spare parts or accessories

The product and your disability have to qualify and I'm pleased to inform you adjustable beds qualify.

RodneyA814 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you