bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

How many days to be UK tax resident? nope, nope

how many days to be UK tax resident?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The glib answer is as long as the proverbial piece of string. It canbe s low as 15 days. Have a look here for some guidance to this complex matter:

https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/insights/tax/private-client/leaving-the-uk#:~:text=For%20an%20individual%20who%20was%20resident%20in%20the,sick%20or%20parenting%20leave%29%2C%20the%20limit%2090%20days.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I am a UK tax resident but my mother doesn’t, so is there any tax issue if she send some large amount of money to me?

None whatsoever, the UK has no Gifts Tax regime so the money comes to you tax free. Watch out, though, many countries do, for example in France the tax kicks in at 70% over 5K Euros.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** wife and husband both are uk tax resident, can we transfer any amount of money to each other with tax free?

Inter spousal transfers are outside the scope of UK taxation.