How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9424
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

In the uk how to report trades of buying/selling company

This answer was rated:

In the uk how to report trades of buying/selling company stock? Is there a broker that makes this more easily? What taxes are involved if the broker does not report it by CREST system? Is there a way to make an accountant to be legally responsible on my behalf for reporting everything correctly? I mean like if i appoint him to deal with my taxes to HMRC, and he reports something incorrectly, would i be legally responsible for not paying the tax that he missed to report on my behalf? Is there an online broker that you could recommend to trade taxes?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You only have to report sales if the profit exceeds the Annual Exempt Amount (AEA) of 12.3K. You are still responsible even if your agent files on your behalf. Just Asnwer protocol does not allow me to make personal recommendations.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you