bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

In the uk how to report trades of buying/selling company

In the uk how to report trades of buying/selling company stock? Is there a broker that makes this more easily? What taxes are involved if the broker does not report it by CREST system? Is there a way to make an accountant to be legally responsible on my behalf for reporting everything correctly? I mean like if i appoint him to deal with my taxes to HMRC, and he reports something incorrectly, would i be legally responsible for not paying the tax that he missed to report on my behalf? Is there an online broker that you could recommend to trade taxes?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You only have to report sales if the profit exceeds the Annual Exempt Amount (AEA) of 12.3K. You are still responsible even if your agent files on your behalf. Just Asnwer protocol does not allow me to make personal recommendations.