bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Have you talked to a tax professional about this? I live in

hi, my name is*****: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I live in UK since March 2019. I work as self employer in construction ind
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I find jobs through agency and the payment to me are made by a payroll company.Lets say I received this payslip £520 gross, payroll company takes a margin of £20 that means £500 gross for tax minus £100 CIS deduction and that means £400 net. As I am trying to do my tax return on my own I want to know at the section Income (turnover) I have to declare £520 or £500?
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: 2019-2020

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You declare 520 and claim the 20back as an expense in employment.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
163;20 that the payroll company took goes to Total allowable expenses on the tax return file?

Yes, indeed.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
my english is not amazing, I prefer this way
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
that means choosing Trading Income Allowance is not a good option for me because £20x 40 weeks are already £800 plus other expenses as travel, tools, overall etc exceed £1000 by far
So is better for me to go for ' Total allowable expenses' instead of £1000 'Trading income allowance', corect?

Correct.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you very much

Delighted to have been of assistance.