How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 280
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

Citizen living in England, am 73 and writing my first will.

This answer was rated:

I am UK citizen living in England, am 73 and writing my first will. My assets are mainly property, totalling about £3.3m. I am also starting a charity because for over 20 years I have helped third world schools, education, poverty and hunger. All from my personal pocket. I would like to formalise my gift giving to my own charity and raise funds for more international projects. When I die I would like most funds from properties and the Will, to go to the charity.
1. Which is the best type of charity or body for me to start now please? I anticipate sums raised from global online charitable teaching (I have separate business online teaching) going into the charity or entity will be in the tens of thousands of pounds per annum.
2. Is it best to start a foundation in my name or some other entity? And for all charity assets to be transferred to the foundation / entity on death?NB After death I would like profits from the charity to be shared for schools / third world etc annually, less 10% so the fund grows year on year.


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

With regards ***** ***** query, please see below ,my response:

1. You have option of setting up Charity registering with charity commission and companies house "Limited by Guarantee" .

2. You can setup in your name or any other name of choice. I'll recommend you should have few trustees with you whom you trust and they continue with your vision of charity and welfare. You can donate all your assets to your charity on your death. Alternatively, you can select any charity who is working in similar area and donate everything to them. Its your call.

I hope this answers the query.

If you have any further queries then please feel free to contact me.



HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you