HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
74131858

Sorry, i got the answer, but reading it again it requires

Hi. Sorry, i got the answer, but reading it again it requires clarification. She hasn't completed a tax return for each of the last 8 years. When she declares the rental income to HMRC for the last 8 years, will she be entitled to her personal tax allowance for EACH of the last 8 years (she has not used any of this personal tax allowance in the UK in the last 8 years as she has been living and working in germany and paying german taxes on a german payroll). Historically, this tax allowance would be £8.1k for 2013, £9.4k for 2014, £10k for 2015, £10.6k for 2016, £11k for 2017, £11.5 for 2018, £11.85 for 2019 and £12.5 for 2020. So does she get a total of £ 84.95k as a tax free allowance that she can use against her undeclared rental income for the last 8 years?

I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

Yes, you are right, she can claim the personal allowances for past 8 years against the undeclared Income. However, she can't claim in total, you need to prepare the annual rental accounts and deduct personal allowance for that specific year.

I hope this answers the query.

If you have any further queries then please feel free to contact me.

HMAT

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
great, many thanks

My pleasure, Please rate the answer before you sign off JA.