How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 303
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

I now have both Uk and Canadian Citizenship. Been living in

This answer was rated:

I now have both Uk and Canadian Citizenship. Been living in Canada for past 12 years. Am I non dom for inheritance tax purposes ?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet just starting to look at it
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: would my 16year old now be non dom even if I’m not


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

Where were you born? and where was your 16 year old born?



HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi. Both born in the UK. Child left when she was 4


It was nice talking to you earlier.

As discussed, if the grandparents leave their home for children or grand children then tax free threshold increases to £500,000.

The link below is very helpful:

If you have any further queries then please feel free to contact me.



Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Another question. As I have lived in Canada now for 12 years. do I pay Uk capital gains tax on land sold in Uk.

Yes, you are going to pay CGT in UK on land disposal.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Even though I have been non resident for over 5 years and It’s sale of land not house.?