bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I just bought a second hand car and totally misplace the

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I just bought a second hand car and totally misplace the green slip can I pay this through phone(tax car)
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No I just bought last Friday I suppose to pay tax and insurance yesterday but I just can’t find the paper now
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: that all I have to pay today as it’s park on the road and I need to sort this today,many thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help ou with your question.

Do you have the registration document?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have a problem with my car which I just bought last Friday and I wanna pay tax how can I pay this?the green slip is lost and it park on the road?I really want to pay the tax as a new owner and it won’t let me pay with out the 12 numbers.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I just updated the card as asking payment?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have

Then take it along with the certificate of insurance and vehicle test certificate if appropriate to the Post Office tomorrow. They have access to the DVLA data base and can unscramble the situation for you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There’s no any option that I can pay online instead?

Using the PO is by far the simplest way out of your situation.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sure no worries at all many thanks

Delighted to have been of assistance. Last year at renewal time I was hospitalised for a month and renewed no problem. Some twerp in a contracted out part of the DVLA organisation twittered away for some time, but eventually gave up. The road tax on my vehicle is zero anyway.