How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9546
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a non domiciled resident in UK, I just wanted to know

Customer Question

Hi I am a non domiciled resident in UK , I just wanted to know if I have to pay tax on my foreign income if it is more than 2000 ? If yes how much?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2020/21
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

This will be declared on your self assessment tax return and taxed at your marginal rate of taxation. Domicile has little to do with UK taxation, it is residence which is the key.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
But I read on hmrc website that I don’t have to pay tax as long as I am not bringing funds to Uk
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 21 days ago.

Unfortunately you are liable to tax on your world wide income unless you opt tax on a remittance basis which can be a highly expensive exercise appropriate only to Russian oligarchs. .