bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am a non domiciled resident in UK, I just wanted to know

Customer Question

Hi I am a non domiciled resident in UK , I just wanted to know if I have to pay tax on my foreign income if it is more than 2000 ? If yes how much?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2020/21
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

This will be declared on your self assessment tax return and taxed at your marginal rate of taxation. Domicile has little to do with UK taxation, it is residence which is the key.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
But I read on hmrc website that I don’t have to pay tax as long as I am not bringing funds to Uk

Unfortunately you are liable to tax on your world wide income unless you opt tax on a remittance basis which can be a highly expensive exercise appropriate only to Russian oligarchs. .