How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7413
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Stuck with investment not updated my details still get

Customer Question

Stuck with investment not updated my details still get dividends but not tax certificate
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No so now unable to stop the money
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: It means I can never fill in a tax return
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: This and some previous
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Expert: replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for your question.

Rules pertaining to tax on dividends changed from 6 Apr 2016 as there is no more tax credit on dividends and you don't get a tax certificate.

You report on your tax return the actual dividend received and there is no more need to gross up this dividend.

More information on this here

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Expert: replied 23 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!

Many thanks