taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Stuck with investment not updated my details still get

Customer Question

Stuck with investment not updated my details still get dividends but not tax certificate
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No so now unable to stop the money
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: It means I can never fill in a tax return
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: This and some previous
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Rules pertaining to tax on dividends changed from 6 Apr 2016 as there is no more tax credit on dividends and you don't get a tax certificate.

You report on your tax return the actual dividend received and there is no more need to gross up this dividend.

More information on this here

https://www.informdirect.co.uk/shares/dividend-tax-and-basic-rate-taxpayers/

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!