TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

My situation is the following, I am a British citizen and I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: so my situation is the following, I am a British citizen and I have a Dutch company, I am about to start work as a consultant in London where I will live. My income will be invoiced back to Holland. I’m sure I must pay my income tax in the uk when I want to draw an income. How do I go about this and are there any extra things I must do
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: so my new job will start end of this year but I will look to draw an income from my Dutch company in Jan 2021
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just this I think thank you
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 25 days ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 25 days ago.

If you need to pay tax, you usually report your foreign income in a Self Assessment tax return.

REGISTER for SA

If you do not usually send a tax return, you need to register by 5 October following the tax year you had the income.

You’ll get a letter telling you what to do next after you’ve registered.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hello thank you for the replay! Yes I will need to register for self assessment tax return for the first time. What info must be provided? If I start earning in jan 21 can I immediately start the self assessment for the end of that month? Do I need an IR35 or does that not apply?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 25 days ago.

If you have to send a tax return and did not send one last year, you need to register for Self Assessment by 5 October.

You’ll get a letter containing your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) within 10 working days (21 if you’re abroad). You need your UTR to send a return.

You are not under IR35

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok thanks! What do I do to register as we are passed October 5th?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 25 days ago.

Jan 2021 so you register BY OCT 2021

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok so I must do this at the start of the year. What are the tax brackets for personal income in the uk? And what is the foreign dividend tax?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 25 days ago.

Follow ups are welcomed but when your subject changes start a NEW question thread.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok so I must do this at the start of the year. What are the tax brackets for personal income in the uk? And what is the foreign dividend tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 25 days ago.

I am not answering other questions that are not in the original post

Start a new