taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Buy to let do i share all the expenses with my wife

Customer Question

buy to let do i share all the expenses with my wife
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

If the buy to let property is in joint names with your wife, then you share rental income and expenses equally unless you have completed Form 17 declaring beneficial interest in the property in a ratio other than 50:50.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 15 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!