How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9534
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a non vat-registered UK limited company and I pay

This answer was rated:

I have a non vat-registered UK limited company and I pay foreign freelancers regularly. Is my company entitled to issue self billing invoices for such payments.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Yes, but they told it's not possible. But some websites states it's possible. government website states that non-UK and non-EU payments can be made.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else.
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I see no problem, but beware; many EU countries view our VAT Threshold system with deep suspicion, tantamount to tax evasion. When I ran an UK company which was not registered we used to annotate invoices to that effect.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
there won't be a problem if I (customer) and the freelancer (non-UK supplier) sign an self-billing agreement. Thank you.

No, the VAT would merely form part of your cost of sales.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you