How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 455
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

Pardon my forwardness in callingyou by your Christian name I

Customer Question

Good Afternoon Pearl Pardon my forwardness in callingyou by your Christian name I have just received an Tax calulation from the Tax office and I would like to pay them there money please
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No but the HMRC said I owe them 71.60 Pounds and I would like to pay them as I do not like decutions from my wages every month should I die i dont want to owe anyone anything. Please help Caroline
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not at all I just feel that this is a bit unfair as I work 24/7 everyday I own nothing I live with the client. My pride doesnt allow me to go and ask the government for a home and money I work extremely hard to enable me to save a bit of money to try and purchase my own home. I am 74 years old I just feel that this is unfair but I will rather pay them there money and be done with it. thank you for listening to me It is much appreciated Caroline
JA: What is your retirement age?
Customer: I retired at 60.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 18 days ago.

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your message.

I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

The easiest way is to pay HMRC is when they send payment request with the payment details. In this way, your payment will be allocated to you straight away. Alternatively, please phone HMRC and make the payment on phone as this will give you payment reference and payment will be allocated there and then.

I hope this answers the query.



Customer: replied 18 days ago.
they said that they will take the money from my pay every month but prefer to pay up front
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I cannot see anywhere a payment reference I tried to ring them but they said they cannot help me. it was an automated voiceb
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 18 days ago.

There are options for webchat and phone details on the link above.

I normally phone them at 8.10am as they are not busy at that time.