HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
74131858

Pardon my forwardness in callingyou by your Christian name I

Customer Question

Good Afternoon Pearl Pardon my forwardness in callingyou by your Christian name I have just received an Tax calulation from the Tax office and I would like to pay them there money please
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No but the HMRC said I owe them 71.60 Pounds and I would like to pay them as I do not like decutions from my wages every month should I die i dont want to owe anyone anything. Please help Caroline
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not at all I just feel that this is a bit unfair as I work 24/7 everyday I own nothing I live with the client. My pride doesnt allow me to go and ask the government for a home and money I work extremely hard to enable me to save a bit of money to try and purchase my own home. I am 74 years old I just feel that this is unfair but I will rather pay them there money and be done with it. thank you for listening to me It is much appreciated Caroline
JA: What is your retirement age?
Customer: I retired at 60.
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 18 days ago.

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your message.

I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

The easiest way is to pay HMRC is when they send payment request with the payment details. In this way, your payment will be allocated to you straight away. Alternatively, please phone HMRC and make the payment on phone as this will give you payment reference and payment will be allocated there and then.

I hope this answers the query.

HMAT

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
they said that they will take the money from my pay every month but prefer to pay up front
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I cannot see anywhere a payment reference I tried to ring them but they said they cannot help me. it was an automated voiceb

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees

There are options for webchat and phone details on the link above.

I normally phone them at 8.10am as they are not busy at that time.