How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 476
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

I started living in Estonia just under two years ago - I am

Customer Question

Hi, I started living in Estonia just under two years ago - I am self employed to a UK company and need to consider paying to tax to one or either of these countries. My invoice is addressed to the UK however, but I have been a student and living in Estonia. Which country do I need to pay taxes to?
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: What’s the difference ? Independent contractor
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I started working for one company in December 2018 And still work for them as an independent contractor
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 24 days ago.


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.


Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I earned 2700 every two months which increased to 2804 in July this year
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 24 days ago.


If you are non resident in UK then you don't need to pay taxes in UK. You'll be classed as Estonian resident and pay taxes in Estonia.

I hope this answers the query.



Customer: replied 24 days ago.
How do I find out if I am a resident in the UK or Estonia ?
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 24 days ago.

If you stay in UK for more than 183 days in a tax year then you'll be classed as UK resident. I am not sure about rules in Estonia