How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 458
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

I am from Hong Kong and going to move to UK and may subject

This answer was rated:

I am from Hong Kong and going to move to UK and may subject to pay income tax. My company offering I can keep my job and decide either (or both) location to pay my monthly salary. Since UK is global taxation, if I have already pay income tax in HKG, am I entitle have to pay extra in UK?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2021
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: my annual income in Hong Kong is around GBP 53297.00


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

If you are UK resident then you need to pay taxes on your HK income as well. However, you'll get relief for taxes already paid in HK. e.g. If you paid £100 in tax in HK & UK liability for same income is £120, you'll only need to pay £20 in UK.

I hope this answers the query.



Customer: replied 18 days ago.
In HKG the tax is around 17%, and in UK for duty will be around 30% or above. For examples:
if the estimate of GBP 50,000 income,
I have to pay GPB 8,500 in HK(And I paid this amount in HKG)
But in UK I have to pay 15,000.
So I have to pay the balance GBP 6,500 as well? Or
(B)Because I already calculate the tax GBP 50,000 in HKG, so I don't need to pay 6,500 balance in UK?

Yes, you need to pay balance in UK

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

no problems

HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you