How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 438
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

UK CGT QUESTION If a person who is *not resident* in the UK

This answer was rated:

UK CGT QUESTIONDear Sir / Madam,If a person who is *not resident* in the UK takes a dividend from their UK limited company, is the dividend subject to CGT in the UK please?Many thanks.


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

Dividends have nothing to do with CGT, Dividends are taxed under income tax.

No, the dividends won't be subject to Income tax in UK.



HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ah-yes. Ooops. Didn't mean CGT at all did I?! ;-)
(Selling a UK property, so CGT is on my mind....)Great to hear that the dividends won't be subject to Income tax in UK.Thanks!