bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been a tax resident in France for the last 25 years,

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have been a tax resident in France for the last 25 years, and recently moved to the Uk, on 14th october, I have yet to begin earning money in the UK , and am still receiving money from france, and have several interset bearing accounts thre, including Assurance Vies. I need to know where I am for tax residence, still in France, or in UK now
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it would be better to close any interest bearing accounts in France, including Assurance Vies

Hello, I am one of the experts on JustAnswer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

In the UK now, your world wide income will be subject to UK taxation and any tax deducted in France is allowed as a tax credit against your UK liability on the same income stream.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I understand that, but the tax year in france runs from 1st jan to 31st dec, i lived in france up until 14th october, so , so far have been paying tax this year there, what i want to know is if i remain a tax resident in France until the end of the year, or am automatically a tax resident in the uk now. I have to fill in a form for my french bank, telling them where I am a tax resident, and at the moment am unsure

In my opinion ou are resident in the UK. The spli0t year principle will apply to your residency, April to October non resident, November to following March, resident.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok, thanks

Pleased to have been of assistance.