How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 28333
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I received al Letter from my bank about where am I a tax

This answer was rated:

Hello. I received al Letter from my bank about where am I a tax resident. Can you help me fill the "Tax Status Declaration- Individual" ?
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: this year I suppose
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

What line has you confused? Your address and country info is not difficult to enter.

The form is designed to capture the citizenship and residency for tax purposes of the individual(s) (including personal customers and sole traders) who, for tax purposes, own the income and assets associated with an account maintained by us, the Bank, and held by that individual (“the account holder”).

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I moved in UK last year on 1st July from Romania. I work with a permanent contract from then in UK, I have NINO, I rent a home, etc... I do not have other income in other country. My family (wife and 2 kids) still lives in Romania.Regarding this declaration, correct me if I am wrong:Section 1:
Permanent residence adress - is the address where I stay right now, in UK, not the address from Romani.
Section 2 - If in the last 12 months I was working only in UK and have no other income in Romania, then the contry of Tax Residency is UK, the TIN = NINO, dates from: 01.07.2019-13.11.2020?They also state in the letter that if I am NOT a tax resident of the contry that they indicate (Romania) then I should should send some copies of the IDs. It is ok to send a copy of my passport and to certify that copy by myself?
Thank you.

Correct and yes send copy of Pass port

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok. thank you

You are most welcome

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you