How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 469
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

We lived in a property for over 30 years and 6 years ago we

This answer was rated:

we lived in a property for over 30 years and 6 years ago we bought another house and moved out. we are letting the old property. what is the capital gains tax if we sell the old propert
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: a house
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no simply selling a property we are letting but lived in it 30 years until 2014


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

The disposal will be subject to CGT. however, you can claim the PPR relief which will reduce your tax liability.



HM Accountax Ltd and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you