taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Could we speak on the phone?? I have difficulty typing, That

Customer Question

Hello?
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Could we speak on the phone ?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: ? I have difficulty typing
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I know next to nothing about tax
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was self employed for 3 months and sent all my information for that time to an accountant and have not been able to contact them since covid to confirm if all my tax was in order
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I used QuickBooks and have all the files , but the actual receipts were sent in the post to his office and I do not have copies
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I amCustomerand here to help you.

Please advise

- period of self employment

- have you received SA302 - tax calculation summary from HMRC

Hi there

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

If you have Government Gateway User ID and have registered for HMRC online service for self assessment, you can sign in and check your tax account to see if your tax return for 2019-20 has been submitted.

Alternatively, you can contact self assessment helpline on the phone and maake enquiries. The contact number is 0300(###) ###-####

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was self employed for 5 months and I have not received a SA302 and wouldn't recognize if it isn't a letter ?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

SA302 is a statement issued by HMRC in a form of letter.

You are advised to call self assessment helpline on number provided in last posting and enquire about your tax status.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.