How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 707
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

If I move to London as a dependent of my wife (she is a

Customer Question

Hello, If I move to London as a dependent of my wife (she is a diplomat), can I receive money on a UK bank account from my independent consulting business from countries outside of the UK? And if so, Must I pay income tax on that? Even if I am not a UK employee nor a UK registered business? My company is registered abroad. Estimated annual income: GBP 50k to GBP 100k. Thanks in advance for the information.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: I will be landing in the UK in August 2021
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 15 days ago.


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

If you are UK resident then you need to pay UK tax on your worldwide income.



Customer: replied 15 days ago.
as a diplomat?
Expert:  HM Accountax Ltd replied 15 days ago.

Tax rules are same for diplomats & non diplomats