bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have taken a loan from my dad for the deposit of a new

Hello, I have taken a loan from my dad for the deposit of a new home that i am buying. what would be the tax implications of that. how do i inform HMRC that it was a loan, as the money was transferred from his account to mine?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: The transfer was from my dad's savings account in india to my account here in uk

None whatsoever unless interest is involved; Loans are outside the scope of UK taxation.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
tahnk you. how do i inform HMRC that i was a loan? as my total annual income will be more with the amount included, would that affect my tax code?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you. how do I inform HMRC that I was a loan? as my total annual income will be more with the amount included, would that affect my tax code?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you. how do I inform HMRC that it was a loan? as my total annual income will be more with the amount included, would that affect my tax code?

There is no requirement toadvise HMRC of loans unless interest is involved.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks. no interest involved. i do not file the tax returns as i am employed and pay as i earn. do i need to do the tax self-assessment?

Not unless HMRC require you so to do.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you please call. I agree to pay the additional amount and credit the expert

Sorry, I do not do telephone calls any more, they are no longer cost effective.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no problem. Just to sum up as I understand, I don't have to do anything with regards ***** ***** HMRC of the additional loan amount in my account? thanks again for your advice.

Correct, pleased to have been of assistance.