How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 115
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

I have questions regarding capital gains tax on shares,

This answer was rated:

I have questions regarding capital gains tax on shares
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: Shares
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope thats it

Hello, I am an expert with Just Answer and I am happy to assist you with your Question , please kindly clarify what you need to know about CGT on shares ?

Thank you in advance

Expert LU

Expert Lu and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi There. I have share options with my company and when I exercise them, they keep tax back called UK Income Withholding, National Insurence uncapped and UK NIC Passthrough. I then sell them and they transfer the gain to me in the UK. Am I still liable for CGT on this gain, even though I have paid tax already ?

Hello, just following up I hope you are answered ?Unfortunately i pressed the wrong button and could not access your call offer ?