Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
109074415

I have questions regarding capital gains tax on shares,

I have questions regarding capital gains tax on shares
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: Shares
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope thats it

Hello, I am an expert with Just Answer and I am happy to assist you with your Question , please kindly clarify what you need to know about CGT on shares ?

Thank you in advance

Expert LU

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi There. I have share options with my company and when I exercise them, they keep tax back called UK Income Withholding, National Insurence uncapped and UK NIC Passthrough. I then sell them and they transfer the gain to me in the UK. Am I still liable for CGT on this gain, even though I have paid tax already ?

Hello, just following up I hope you are answered ?Unfortunately i pressed the wrong button and could not access your call offer ?