How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HM Accountax Ltd Your Own Question
HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 692
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
HM Accountax Ltd is online now

My tax code has a T on the end can you please tell me why? I

This answer was rated:

My tax code has a T on the end can you please tell me why? I phoned hmrc last week as my 2021/22 tax code was BR which was not right now my payslip has gone from 1250L to a tax code with a T on the end as of last week
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Have spoken to hmrc and they say my employer has me on the payroll twice which my employer denys
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

HMRC should have sent you a letter explaining the reason why they have issued T code to you. T code is normally used when tax code is under review. The best bet is to phone HMRC and enquire from them the reason for the change in code and explain your circumstances to them.



HM Accountax Ltd and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you