HM Accountax Ltd
HM Accountax Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  I am an accountancy professional with more than10 years hand on experience in audit, accountancy and tax affairs.
74131858

My tax code has a T on the end can you please tell me why? I

My tax code has a T on the end can you please tell me why? I phoned hmrc last week as my 2021/22 tax code was BR which was not right now my payslip has gone from 1250L to a tax code with a T on the end as of last week
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Have spoken to hmrc and they say my employer has me on the payroll twice which my employer denys
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

HMRC should have sent you a letter explaining the reason why they have issued T code to you. T code is normally used when tax code is under review. The best bet is to phone HMRC and enquire from them the reason for the change in code and explain your circumstances to them.

HMAT