RodneyA814
RodneyA814,
Experience:  Expert
109850674

I have a question about tax and starting two jobs. Would

Customer Question

I have a question about tax and starting two jobs. Would that be ok to ask about here?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I would like to find one but wasn’t sure where to start to get the best and most accurate advice.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I currently work for the NHS in Scotland full time but I am moving to Exeter eventually to start a job at the university. As I am a psychologist I want to gradually start my uni job to allow therapy to end without interruption,but it means that I start two days a week at uni from 20th May and 3 days with NHS Lothian. I then will do 1 day a week with NHS from mid July when I start 4 days at week with the uni before I finish with NHS completely in late August and have my full time job as 0.8. I realize that I will be taxed for a second job at the uni, but then in the middle of this, it will become my main job. I want to be aware of what my tax codes should be - hopefully that makes some sense!
Expert:  RodneyA814 replied 18 days ago.

Hello there,

HMRC review your income from both jobs and send you the right tax codes. When the uni job becomes your only source of income, they will revise your tax code to ensure any tax overpaid is given back.

Please let me know should you have further questions.