taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am filing my company accounts but am getting a bit stuck.

Customer Question

hi there! i am filing my company accounts but am getting a bit stuck. my calculations show we are fine financially but when filing my accounts it shows over 7000GBP in losses..
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no!
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it's a company limited by guarantee
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Additionally, when filing the corporation tax, it states an accounting period up till 30 April 2020. However, once I submit the filing, it states the period ends on 24 April 2020 and suggests I file additionally for 25 - 30 April.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot seem to change the dates in the HMRC corporation tax filing system, not even when trying to file for the additional days.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Looking forward to hearing from you, I will be available via email 24/7.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you kindly!
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Please advise if this is your first year of reporting.

Are you able to share your accounts with me here?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi! Yes it’s my first year of reporting. I will send you the accounts!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
file:///Users/rosannejacobs/Downloads/hmrc-2020-04-24.html
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry, this one should work!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (LT43ZZT)

Thank you for your reply.

As its your first reporting, you need to file two company tax returns as an accounting period can't be longer than 12 months for tax purposes.

You have to file two tax returns

- 25 Apr 2019 to 24 apr 2020

- 25 Apr 2020 to 30 Apr 2020

More information on this here

https://www.gov.uk/first-company-accounts-and-return

The information you have input in profit and loss account does not match figures in detailed computations, e.g.

Cost of materials on income and expenditure account £2,943

Cost of sales on trading accoun £8,207.

You need to check all figures including turnover.

I can offer premium service to review your accounts and help you file 2 company tax returns. Please let me know if this service is required.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** very helpful. What would the cost be for the two company tax returns? I am mostly doubtful which income/expenses to put where and cannot seem to figure out where to file the second round (up till 30 April 2020).
Your advice and time is much appreciated!!

Thank you for your reply.

Please advise your email address to discuss further.

Many thanks.

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 14 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!