How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10132
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a question about tax credits and I'm self employed,

Customer Question

I have a question about tax credits and I'm self employed
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: Sole proprietor
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure because of the government grants I'm concerned I haven't taken enough money as wages
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 7 days ago.

It does not matter,you are taxed on surplus made not what has been drawn.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is tax credits rather than tax I'm asking about. Can I take surplus now from last years tax year or have I missed this and have to take out surplus as a wage?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 7 days ago.

You can always try it with HMRC, that Department might accept.