bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Hope you are well. I have a question about VAT. Threshold

hello, good evening, hope you are well. I have a question about VAT. Threshold 85,000. Let's say the turnover of a company is £ 100,000. The VAT is paid on £ 15,000 or on the entire amount ? Also if VAT is charged for the entire amount would you need to add VAT from the begging of all the invoices ? Thank you for your answers
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, thank you

You need to add VAT at20% to all invoices raised post registration.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You did not answer my question
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Does the compay pay vat on tge amount after the treshold only or on all the amount?

On transactions after registration.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Registration is done before reaaching the threshold. Does company have to pay VAT on what was earned before registration?

No, only post registration.