bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I’m confused over the CIS invoice combined with reverse

Customer Question

I’m confused over the CIS invoice combined with reverse charge vat. Before the reverse charge I used to invoice a building company I work for under CIS, say £100 invoice with £20 vat as all labour = £120, I would be paid £100. Now if I invoice the same amount how do I account for both reverse charge and CIS, does it mean I will have 20% AND 20% deducted?
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: This year
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 10 days ago.

The Reverse Charge died with Brexit. All transactions to organisations and persons in the EU are now exports, zero rated supplies.