taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I repatriated to the UK in August 2020 after 30 years

I repatriated to the UK in August 2020 after 30 years overseas. I am in receipt of monthly pension of 2,750 from Bermuda arising from my overseas work.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My question is do I have to pay tax on all the 2020/21 income from the source or just that after August 2020
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 20/21

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

As you are UK resident for tax purposes you will be taxed on your worldwide income arising in the tax year.

You can opt for split year treatment for tax year 2020-21 whereby income earned abroad up to date of arrival in the UK is not taxed in the UK as you are treated non resident for the period 6 Apr 2020 to date of arrival in the UK.

More information on split year treatment here

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Your reward of a generous bonus is greatly appreciated.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.