bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I own a house that I have rented out since 2012. It is

I own a house that I have rented out since 2012. It is recognised by the Inland Revenue as my principle private residence as I live in tired accommodation to do with my job. I retire in 2022 and want to sell the house. Do I need to have the utility bills in my name for a period prior to selling?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not yet. We don't want to stop renting it out yet
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: In Chingford London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No not really. I will need to sell the house as I do not have a private pension

Private Residence Relief (PRR) is extended to cover the period in which you are occupying job related accommodation. There is no requirement to produce utility bills.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you

Delighted to have been of assistance.