How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7924
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am moving to Republic of Ireland for work for at least 1

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am moving to Republic of Ireland for work for at least 1 year +, and would like to rent out my current property, how much tax do I have to pay ?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: current tax year
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I cant think of any

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi sorry, the question got slightly more complicated, please see revised question below:
1) Property 1 – Under my name ; I am a UK national ; I am moving to Dublin for work long term
We have got an offer of £1750 per month (21K annual) for the house rentala) how much tax would I have to pay?
b) In terms of maintenance and repairs, am I subject to any allowance or tax reduction?2) Property 2 – Under my brother’s name, approx. £500K cash buy property no interest, we are trying to achieve the following:
a) Re mortgage the house to take out £250K cash for further investment in the UK
b) We are looking to convert the house to an HMO compliant property, is the construction cost eligible for tax relief/reduction
c) Will set up as a limited company the best way forward ?

Boris, I thank you for talking with me and accepting my answer.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.