taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Can I take a loan (£10,000) from the bank and lend it to a

Can I take a loan (£10,000) from the bank and lend it to a friend? I live in Scotland.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

There is nothing stopping you from taking a loan from the bank and using it for purpose of your choice. You should be mindful the loan is likely to be secured and repayable with conditions attached. You need to satisfy yourself that in the event of default by your friend you are still able to repay monies borrowed from the bank.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you very much :)

Thank you for your kind words.

If there are no other issues I will appreciate if we could regard my responses/answer to this question as accepted.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.