Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

How can I avoid paying tax on Crypto - UK, No, No

How can I avoid paying tax on Crypto - UK
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

You cant I'm afraid unless the gain is les than the annual exemption each year of £12300

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I see. I know some countries don't have any tax on crypto. Like Switzerland or British Virgin Islands and others.
Is there a way that I can open an account in a Swiss bank and invest that way, or perhaps a company registered in British Virgin Island, or any other way.
There must be a way, surely.
I am not asking to do anything dodgy, but surely there is a way that some people invest in stocks or Crypto without having to pay tax.
Thank you Sam.

if you are a Uk citizen then you are liable to tax under UK laws wherever the accounts are held

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I see. I've paid £44 for a telephone conversation. Following your recent message I realised that you won't be able to offer a solution to this. Please cancel the telephone conversation and refund the money.

On of the other experts must have picked up the telephone request - I do apologise I will request a refund for you as you sate you did not receive it

I have offered a solution - that there is NO legal way to avoid tax -

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Good morning. OK, I understand.

Please cancel the telephone conversation and refund.

Dimitar

But they advise the phone call was made - was it not received ?

If so of course I will request a refund

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hi Sam.

No-one called me.

Ask them to check their records please.

Please cancel and refund.

Dimitar

I will do