Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have had a contract with a company for 13years based on it

I have had a contract with a company for 13years based on it being a retainer model.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The old contract expires in Dec 21. Under new IR35 changes the contract needs to reflect a contractor status. Is the old contract valid in any way.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: With with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks this is my question
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The company have said my old contract is illegal, my question concerns whether it is still valid, or do they buy it out, or is it indeed now illegal given UK changes and IR35?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is it possible to speak to someone?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello is anybody there?

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

You should have probably been an employee all 13 years

Do you still requite a phone call? Then I can explain further

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, but thanks.

No worries use this tool to establish how you should have been engaged this has been around since 2007

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-employment-status-for-tax

Then go back to your employer with the decision it makes