RodneyA814
RodneyA814,
Experience:  Expert
109850674

When filling in the cgt submission re sale of property, (

Hi . When filling in the cgt submission re sale of property, (long leasehold flat, leasehold extended) where does one include the Extension of leasehold expenses. form does not ask explicit question nor mentions it in the upgrades section. seems inappropriate to enter it with the Cost of purchase section. Is there a clear answer for this
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: /i do not think so. have done all calculations etc

Hello there,

Are these expenses paid to a solicitor or some agent?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry. it is the on line HMRC property Capital Gains Tax service I am talking about. Just need to Know where to put the Leasehold extension and expenses for that on the entry form. under "purchase costs" or "property upgrades". The tax will be paid to HMRC.

The form does not allow breakdown of costs as you would prefer. You have to add these expenses to your cost of purchase and enter under 'Allowable Costs (including purchase price)'.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thank you for that.