How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RodneyA814 Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 148
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RodneyA814 is online now

When filling in the cgt submission re sale of property, (

This answer was rated:

Hi . When filling in the cgt submission re sale of property, (long leasehold flat, leasehold extended) where does one include the Extension of leasehold expenses. form does not ask explicit question nor mentions it in the upgrades section. seems inappropriate to enter it with the Cost of purchase section. Is there a clear answer for this
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: /i do not think so. have done all calculations etc

Hello there,

Are these expenses paid to a solicitor or some agent?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry. it is the on line HMRC property Capital Gains Tax service I am talking about. Just need to Know where to put the Leasehold extension and expenses for that on the entry form. under "purchase costs" or "property upgrades". The tax will be paid to HMRC.

The form does not allow breakdown of costs as you would prefer. You have to add these expenses to your cost of purchase and enter under 'Allowable Costs (including purchase price)'.

RodneyA814 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thank you for that.