How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16251
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My brother and I are thinking of buying a flat to rent out.

This answer was rated:

my brother and I are thinking of buying a flat to rent out. He is concerned that the rental income we will receive will take him into the 40% tax bracket.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 21/22
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we both inherited some money and would combine this to purchase a property. Could my brother give me his share and I could buy the property in my name only as I don't earn enough to be in the higher tax bracket.


Yes he could as long as the deeds are in your sole name



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you