Muhammad Haider
Muhammad Haider,
Experience:  Director at HM Accountax
74131858

My family just moved to UK on 7 Dec 2020, and got our BNO

Hi my family just moved to UK on 7 Dec 2020, and got our BNO visa applications approved in early Apr. Does this mean we do not need to fill tax return for the 2020/21 tax year, but we need to do so in 2021/22? will we receive any form of reminder from the HMRC?

When did they registered themselves to do the tax returns?

HMAT

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't think we have done any registration... we dun even have NI, I just mailed out application forms today to the NINo centre. Do we need to register proactively?

Yes, please register as soon as possible and declare the income tax returns.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hihi I wonder if we declare income tax return, but we're only here starting from 7 Dec, which makes us staying in the UK for less than 183 days by 5 Apr, does that mean we do not need to pay any tax in the year of 2020/21?

Yes, you are non resident for the year and not liable to UK taxes.