Muhammad Haider
Muhammad Haider,
Experience:  Director at HM Accountax
74131858

I am being charged for receipt of child benefit from 2013/14

hi i am being charged for receipt of child benefit from 2013/14 onwards i have also recievied
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that i have also received a late payment notice for the full amount owed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the tax office quoted dates of correspondence sent to me that i did not respond to but only recently, certainly not as far back as there claim...now i am also being charged for late payments on top of Tax they say i owe due to earning over 50k per annum do i have grounds for appeal against the historic claims

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi can you advise on above tax issue

I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

You'll need to pay the child benefit back. I'll suggest that you appeal against the penalty on the basis that you didn't receive any letter before and its on HMRC's discretion if they can waive or not but no harm in appealing.

Muhammad