How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Muhammad Haider Your Own Question
Muhammad Haider
Muhammad Haider,
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 817
Experience:  Director at HM Accountax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Muhammad Haider is online now

I am being charged for receipt of child benefit from 2013/14

This answer was rated:

hi i am being charged for receipt of child benefit from 2013/14 onwards i have also recievied
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that i have also received a late payment notice for the full amount owed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the tax office quoted dates of correspondence sent to me that i did not respond to but only recently, certainly not as far back as there i am also being charged for late payments on top of Tax they say i owe due to earning over 50k per annum do i have grounds for appeal against the historic claims


Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi can you advise on above tax issue


I am an advisor at JA and happy to assist you.

You'll need to pay the child benefit back. I'll suggest that you appeal against the penalty on the basis that you didn't receive any letter before and its on HMRC's discretion if they can waive or not but no harm in appealing.



Muhammad Haider and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you