bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have a uk tax return question, 2020, looking at an tax

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a uk tax return question
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2020
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: looking at an tax release as I have been outside the uk July 2020 until now

When you left the UK did you send a Form P85 to your tax office?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No as Covid-19 has been causing the fact that I am not been back since. you see lockdown after lockdown pushed me to stay outside the uk

You should submit a Form P85 as soon as possible. Fortunately there is no time limit as to its submission, it is available on the web and can be filed on line. On receipt HMRC will classify you as non resident.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
would you see any cons?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you see me getting any tex refund when I have been outside the uk for more than 183 days
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to stay resident in the uk, but check the options of getting a tax release for 2020, please advise how you see this?

You are making the situation far to complex. If you have left the UK send in a P85.